Central Dakota Frontier Cooperative
History of Central Dakota Frontier Cooperative 09/06/18 9:23:07 AM|
1913 - Farm families in Hazelton, North Dakota organize one of the first petroleum cooperatives in the nation as "Farmers Union Oil Company of Hazelton."
1936 - Hazelton Farmers Union Oil Company establishes a substation in Napoleon, North Dakota to provide petroleum products to farm families in Logan County.
1945 - The Napoleon substation of Hazelton Farmers Union Oil Company receives its charter as an independent locally owned and controlled cooperative and becomes "Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon."
1945 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon hires William G. Draeger as the first manager. First year revenues exceed $71,000 with Net Savings of $4,545.
1959 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases the I.H.C. building at 94 Broadway in Napoleon for $45,000.
1960 - William Draeger passes away and the reins of the cooperative are handed on to his son Don Draeger.
1962 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases the Oil Department of the Burnstad Farmers Union Elevator and moves that building to Wishek.
1963 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases first Tire Truck.
1965 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon builds a new Service Station in Wishek.
1968 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon constructs first bulk fertilizer plant. Achieves $1 million in sales.
1972 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon constructs Bulk LP Facility.
1973 - Tire Truck service begins in Wishek location of Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon.
1977 - Farmers Union Oil Company purchases a "pickup" sprayer for Agronomy.
1979 - Anhydrous ammonia is added to the product portfolio of Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon with the addition of a Bulk Facility south of Napoleon.
1982 - The first Cardtrol system is installed offering 24 hour fuel service at Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon.
1986 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases it first computer system.
1987 - Anhydrous is added at the Wishek location.
1989 - Cardtrol system is installed at Wishek Branch.
1992 - Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases its first Dry Fertilizer "Floater".
2010 - Members approve name change to "Central Dakota Frontier Cooperative" (DFC)
2010 - Construction is complete on a 4,000 ton Dry Fertilizer plant and Agronomy Center in Wishek.
2012 - DFC completes construction of an 11,000 square foot Agronomy Center in Napoleon and renovates Bulk Fertilizer plant increasing capacity and installing an additional blender.
2012 - DFC aquires Farmers Union Oil Company of Hazelton making DFC the largest independent cooperative in South Central North Dakota.
2012 - Construction begins on a 12,000 square foot Agronomy Center in Hazelton.
2012 - DFC Board approves expansion into Kidder County and land is purchased for Agronomy Center at the Robinson Exit of Interstate 94.
2013 - DFC aquires AgVantage of New Salem and opens Agronomy Center at Steele.
2016 - DFC acquires Alliance Ag Cooperative of Hettinger, Regent, South Heart and Bismarck which expands DFC into southwest North Dakota.
2017 - DFC completes construction of a new Agronomy Center (Dry Fertilizer Plant, Seed Treating Facility, Bulk Chemical, and Bulk Liquid Fertilizer) west of Hettinger to serve customers in SW North Dakota and NW South Dakota.
2018 - DFC constructs an Agronomy Center (Dry Fertilizer, NH3, Bulk Chemical and Liquid Fertilizer) north of South Heart, North Dakota.